Sponsorship & Speaker Requests
Please read the following and then access the online form.
Hugh Chatham Memorial Hospital is a not-for-profit hospital and community health care network. We actively seek, and value, community involvement opportunities—especially when they are related to promoting healthy living or disease prevention.
We are often approached with requests to sponsor community events. The following guidelines describe the types of requests that receive sponsorship funding. The guidelines also ensure that all applications are evaluated equally and that activities appropriately fit with our mission, vision, values and strategic plan.
Consideration will be given to requests which meet the following requirements:
- Promote healthy living or disease prevention for the general public
- Closely fit the Hugh Chatham mission, vision and community needs assessment
- Address a target population in the communities we serve
- Requesting organizations must be a 501(c)3 designation and in good standing within the community.
Sponsorship request process:
- Requesting organization must complete the online sponsorship request form a minimum of six (6) weeks prior to event.
- An allocation committee will meet to review requests. Upon final determination, applicants will be notified of the committee's decision.
- All decisions made by the committee are final. For approved sponsorships, a wrap-up report showing photos, samples of programs, t-shirts and any other items agreed upon in the sponsorship contract must be provided to Hugh Chatham at the conclusion of the sponsorship year, or event.
- If the minimum requirement is met, then the following guidelines will be used to determine sponsorship award:
- Value: Does the event/activity impact the health of communities? How is that impact measured?
- Geographic reach: Does the event/activity reach a desired target audience, such as consumers, vulnerable populations, health professionals or students, or community leaders?
- On-site involvement: What is the expected involvement from Hugh Chatham leaders, content experts, educational staff, clinicians or volunteers?
- If you are from a corporation interested in on-site health fairs or health programming, please contact Hugh Chatham Corporate Care at 336-527-8399.
The following types of organizations, events and activities are not eligible for sponsorship funds.*
- Political and labor organizations
- Fraternal organizations, unless tied directly to Hugh Chatham's mission
- Religious organizations (excluding memorial donations)
- Individual churches or religious activities, in whole or in part, for the purposes of furthering religious doctrine
- Individual schools (public or private), excluding institutes of higher education
- Capital campaigns, unless there is a clearly identifiable connection to Hugh Chatham's mission, vision and values
- For-profit organizations
- Little league teams/scouting organizations
- Requests for employee matching funds
Access the online sponsorship request form. *Other opportunities to interact with Hugh Chatham might be available, such as having the health care organization provide an event speaker or inviting the organization to purchase a paid advertisement in an event program.
Speakers Bureau Request
Hugh Chatham offers a speakers bureau as a free service to the communities we serve. Speakers are available to address current health care topics and trends, as well as clinical issues.
Speakers Bureau request process and requirements:
- To schedule a speaker at your location, an audience of 12 or more adult attendees is required.
- All requests must be submitted at least 10 days prior to the event.
- To schedule a speaker or for more information about the speakers bureau, fill out the request form.
- The bureau does not arrange for screenings or health fairs.T o learn more, call 336-527-8399.
- Requests will be fulfilled based on speaker availability and topic requested. Every effort will be made to accommodate your request; however, there may be instances when this is not possible.