If you would like to be employed by one of North Carolina's premier hospitals, you must read and agree to our Standards of Performance before searching for open positions. After you click the "yes" button, you will be redirected to our job search and application site.
Thank you for your interest in employment with Hugh Chatham Memorial Hospital (HCMH).
Standards of Performance
As part of my commitment to Service, I will:
- Exceed our customers' expectations and thank them for choosing HCMH.
- Promote the health and well-being of all patients who seek care at HCMH.
- Smile, make eye contact, greet others and speak in ways that are easily understood and show concern and interest to ensure understanding and facilitate learning.
- Follow appropriate telephone, elevator and customer waiting protocols.
As part of my commitment to Teamwork, I will:
- Recognize that every member of the HCMH team makes important contributions.
- Promote interdepartmental cooperation, managing up those with whom we work.
- Contribute to my work group in positive ways and continually support the efforts of others.
- Ensure that team members respond to call lights.
As part of my commitment to Accountability, I will:
- Provide the highest quality care to those we serve.
- Recognize the high cost of health care and optimize the use of resources while delivering exemplary service.
- Ensure that all team members understand team goals and their roles.
- Adhere to departmental and hospital policies and procedures such as a tobacco-free environment, attendance and dress code.
As part of my commitment to Respect, I will:
- Use AIDET—Acknowledge, Introduce, Duration, Expectation and Thank You when meeting with customers or peers.
- Treat colleagues and those we serve who differ from us by gender, race, religion, culture, national origin, mental and physical abilities, and sexual orientation, with dignity, courtesy and compassion.
- Only engage in conversations regarding patients with persons who need to know and in accordance with the hospitals policies and regulatory requirements.
- Recognize and encourage positive behaviors while providing private constructive feedback for inappropriate behaviors.
Safe Care —
As part of my commitment to Safe Care, I will:
- Take any concern (real or perceived, big or small) seriously and seek resolution or understanding—asking for help if the concern is beyond my ability or scope of authority.
- Keep my work area neat and clean up litter, debris or spills promptly to ensure a safe environment.
- Approach those who need help or are lost and assist or direct them appropriately.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures providing a safe environment for co-workers, patients and the public.
It’s who we are.
I have read and agreed to the Standards of Performance.