Hugh Chatham News & Notes
New Portal Allows Patients of Hugh Chatham Medical Practices to Easily and Securely Manage Their Healthcare Information
Elkin, N.C. – Patients of medical practices that are affiliated with Hugh Chatham Memorial Hospital can now use an Internet-based portal, MyHealthRecord.com, to easily and securely manage their healthcare information online, day or night.
Individuals can use the portal to:
- Send a private message to their health care team
- View or download pertinent portions of their medical record
- Access lab test results
- Review vital signs, medications, and health history
- See scheduled appointments and request changes, if needed
Individuals may request access to the portal when they visit their Hugh Chatham medical practice. If they have an email address, they will be sent a link with enrollment instructions to create their own username and password.
“We encourage people to take an active role in managing their health, and the portal helps by allowing them to securely view their health history and send messages to their provider team at any time, from any Internet connection,” said Paul Hammes, chief executive officer. “The portal is also useful for busy parents and authorized caregivers, who now don’t have to wait to access important health information,” he added.
Hugh Chatham affiliated medical practice offering patient portal access include:
- Clingman Medical Center (Ronda)
- Hugh Chatham Behavioral Health (Elkin)
- Hugh Chatham Express Care (Dobson, Elkin)
- Hugh Chatham Family Medicine (Boomer, Hays, Elkin, Jonesville)
- Hugh Chatham Neurology (Elkin)
- Hugh Chatham Podiatry (Elkin, King)
- Hugh Chatham Surgical (Elkin)
- Hugh Chatham Urgent Care (Jonesville)
- Hugh Chatham Women’s Center (Elkin)
- Tri-County Orthopedics and Sports Medicine (Elkin, Jonesville, Mt. Airy, Sparta)
- Yadkin Valley Adult Medicine (Elkin)
- Yadkin Valley Dermatology (Elkin)
- Yadkin Valley Gastroenterology (Elkin)
- Yadkin Valley Pulmonary and Critical Care (Elkin)
- Yadkin Valley Urology (Elkin)
About Hugh Chatham
Hugh Chatham is a not-for-profit community health care system featuring an 81-bed hospital, regional cancer and stroke centers, and primary and specialty physician practices delivering convenient, high quality care across the Yadkin Valley of North Carolina and Virginia. Headquartered in Elkin, North Carolina, Hugh Chatham Memorial Hospital is nationally recognized as a leader in using healthcare technology to make it easier for patients to securely interact with their providers and health records. For more information, visit our web site at HughChatham.org. You can also follow us on Twitter and Facebook.