The imaging center at Hugh Chatham Memorial Hospital (HCMH) features a 40-slice computed tomography (CT) scanner that allows our staff to perform fast and accurate scans and provides radiologists with multiplanar (3-D) capabilities. CT angiography of peripheral and central vessels provides the radiologists with extremely important new capabilities.
The center operates seven days per week with its MRI, an extremely powerful imaging tool with state-of-the-art software. It features a Siemens Avanto large diameter, short bore 1.5T magnet. It provides the highest detailed images available today through extremely high-intensity magnetic fields.
The coil technology offers the advantages of being extremely fast, giving superb contrast resolution and increasing patient comfort due to shorter scan times. It enables radiologists at the center to do vascular imaging, high end-neural, musculoskeletal and breast imaging.
The MRI facility and its technologists are accredited by the American College of Radiology. Our team of technologists have a combined 35 years of MRI imaging experience.
The hospital's attractive and private Women's Imaging Center offers a complete range of services under one roof: digital mammography, ultrasound, stereotactic breast biopsy and bone density procedures.
Imaging services at HCMH offers a broad range of services to patients of all ages, including:
- The Women's Imaging Center, including digital mammography, bone density scanning, breast ultrasound and stereotactic breast biopsies
- Fully digital general diagnostic radiology services, including fluoroscopy
- ACR-accredited diagnostic and vascular ultrasound lab
- Full range of nuclear medicine, including SPECT imaging
- The ACR-accredited MRI department uses the Siemens Avanto MRI, including magnetic resonance angiography
- CT scanning, including CT angiography
- Intensity modulated radiation therapy (IMRT)
Hours of Operation
- MRI: Open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Saturday and Sunday, 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Digital Screening Mammography: Available Monday, Wednesday and Friday,
7:30 a.m.to 3:30 p.m.; Tuesday and Thursday, 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Ultrasound: Available Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 10 p.m.; Saturday,
11 a.m.to 7 p.m.; Sunday, 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Nuclear Medicine: Available Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
For more information, call 336-527-7477 or 336-527-7291.