Hugh Chatham Memorial Hospital and its affiliate practices are prepared to care for any patients who has potentially been exposed with infectious diseases, included COVID-19 (novel coronavirus). We are continuing to monitor the outbreak at a global and regional level.
Mobile COVID-19 testing is now available at Hugh Chatham Urgent Care and Hugh Chatham Express Care!
Hugh Chatham Urgent Care – 546 Winston Road, Jonesville – 336-526-0037
Hugh Chatham Express Care – 911 E Atkins Street, Dobson – 336-374-1010
- No appointment necessary.
- When patients arrive at either of these two locations, they should park in the designated Hugh Chatham Mobile Visit parking spaces and call the number posted on the sign.
- A staff member will come to the patient’s car to gather information and perform the test.
- Quarantine and additional COVID-19 information will be given to each testing patient.
- Test result times vary and will be discussed with each patient.
Reported illnesses have ranged from infected people with little to no symptoms to people becoming severely ill or even dying. Symptoms can include: fever, cough and shortness of breath. Symptoms of COVID-19 may appear in as few as two days or as long as 14 days after exposure.
For instructions for an easy-to-sew pleated surgical mask, please click here.
The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) recommends everyday preventive actions to help limit the spread of respiratory viruses, including:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
To get the most accurate and up to date information about the Coronavirus (COVID-19), please visit: North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Follow us on Facebook.